Monday, December 19, 2011

Baked Spaghetti

Pasta is a food group in our home and this is our #1 favorite! Super easy, this quick meal can be done in just around 30 minutes.

1 lb box of spaghetti (I prefer angel hair pasta)
1 jar favorite pasta sauce
3/4 lb ground beef, browned & drained
1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Boil pasta according to box directions. Drain well, return to pot. Make sure the pot is big enough to toss with the sauce. In a sauce pan, combine sauce and ground beef; simmer. (If there are ingedients like onion, green peppers or another favorite that you normally add to your sauce, now it the time to do it). Toss pasta with sauce. Pour pasta into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 25 minutes; add cheese and continue baking for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!

TIP: When I buy ground beef, I brown off a couple of pounds and then freeze it. I always have some ready to go when I'm running short on time. Just pull it out, defrost in the microwave (if you're like me and forget to pull it out early enough to thaw), and it's ready to add to any recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Titus 2sday link up! Thanks for this recipe, I love finding nice, easy and tasty recipes!

    Monica @ www.theatypicalhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 6am and you're making me hungry for spaghetti! Looks easy and delish. Thanks for sharing.
    Charli@http://wvurbanhippie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete